By Alan Lew
Synopsis from Amazon:
- Written in a hot, available, and intimate kind, BE nonetheless AND GET GOING will contact people who are trying to find an real religious perform that speaks to them of their personal cultural language.- Lew's first publication, "One God Clapping (Jewish lighting Publishing, 2/01), was once a "San Francisco Chronicle bestseller and winner of the PEN Josephine Miles Award for Literary Excellence. "Publishers Weekly hailed him as "a perceptive thinker" for his "refreshing and occasionally startling perspective" in his final booklet, "This Is genuine and also you Are thoroughly Unprepared (Little, Brown and corporate, 2003).- Lew is likely one of the such a lot sought-after rabbis at the lecture circuit. He has had nationwide media publicity for his dynamic fusion of japanese perception and biblical studies, having been the topic of reports on ABC information, the "McNeil Lehrer information Hour, and numerous NPR programs.- long ago 5 years there were nationwide meetings on Jewish meditation in San Francisco, la, and Miami the place Lew has been a featured speaker.
Read Online or Download Be Still and Get Going: A Jewish Meditation Practice for Real Life PDF
Similar spirituality books
The papers the following accumulated were written in order to selling the deeper figuring out of the that means of Masonry; to offering the reason of it that one continuously hears known as for. The which means of Masonry, in spite of the fact that, is a topic frequently left totally unexpounded and that as a result is still mostly unrealized by means of its individuals shop such few as make it their deepest learn.
Writer observe: ahead through Marilyn Ferguson
Publish yr be aware: First released in 1994 (first edition)
The first variation of Radical Honesty grew to become a national top vendor in 1995 since it used to be no longer a kinder, gentler self-help publication. It was once a shocker! In it, Dr. Brad Blanton, a psychotherapist and specialist on tension administration, explored the myths, superstitions and lies in which all of us stay. And this newly revised variation is even worse! Blanton indicates us how pressure comes no longer from the surroundings, yet from the self-built penal complex of the brain. What retains us in our self-built jails is lying.
"We all lie like hell," Dr. Blanton says. "It wears us out. .. it's the significant resource of all human rigidity. It kills us. " no longer telling our neighbors, fans, spouses, or bosses approximately what we do, consider, or imagine retains us locked in that brain penitentiary. the way in which out is to get solid at telling the reality, and Dr. Blanton offers the instruments we will be able to use to flee from that penitentiary of the brain. This booklet is the cake with the dossier in it.
In Radical Honesty, Dr. Blanton coaches us on the right way to have lives that paintings, tips on how to have relationships which are alive and passionate, and the way to create intimacy the place none exists. As now we have been taught via the philosophical and religious resources of our tradition for millions of years, from Plato to Nietzsche, from the Bible to Emerson, the reality shall set you loose.
Increasingly more everyone is waking up spiritually. And for many of them, the query turns into: Now what? “Information approximately existence after awakening is mostly no longer made public,” explains Adyashanti. “It’s often shared merely among academics and their scholars. ” the top of Your global is his reaction to a starting to be desire for course at the non secular direction.
During this early but masterful paintings The Essence of religion, via the thinker of Reverence for all times, metaphysics and faith are tested utilizing Kant's theology as a historical past. not anyone can set aside this small publication with out feeling appreciate for the profundity of the younger Schweitzer.
- Christian Spirituality: The Classics
- Choosing a Jewish Life: A Handbook for People Converting to Judaism and for Their Family and Friends
- Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions
- Essential Buddhism: A Complete Guide to Beliefs and Practices
- Astral Voyages: Mastering the Art of Soul Travel
- The Young Atheist's Handbook: Lessons for Living a Good Life Without God
Additional resources for Be Still and Get Going: A Jewish Meditation Practice for Real Life
Consequently, "the world" became a unity. Siddhartha must also have become aware that the world of manifestation was an apparent outpouring of energy from a mysterious, unlimited source. During deep meditation, his mind perfectly still and quiet, he could feel the presence of this source, in totality, in his own heart-core. It was simi larly in all other beings. Thus it was the true nature of all things, the basic ground ofbeing itself Never having been born, however, it was not subj ect to suffering or death; thus it could be called the deathless.
Shortly afterwards the Buddha was at Vaishali again. There, he and Ananda sat in the Capala Shrine after going out on alms rounds together. Now the Buddha hinted to Ananda that, if asked directly, it was possible for him to prolong his life more or less indefinitely. Ananda, however, failed to seize the opponunity-a slip for which he was later sternly reprimanded by the sangha, for the Buddha now let go of the will to live and the death process was set irreversibly in motion. -look at the city and proceeded to Bhoganagaraka.
It is also significant that this man, who was to awaken Siddhartha's dormant spirituality, was not a brahmana priest but follower of the alternative shramana tradition. He was alone and dressed in rags, and clearly possessed nothing; yet there was a quality about his whole demeanor that deeply impressed Siddhartha a tranquillity that other men, for all their possessions and family connections, clearly lacked. Perhaps, Siddhartha wondered, he has discovered some secret; perhaps old age, sickness, and death are no longer frightening for him?