By Roger J. Lister
Read Online or Download Annotated Bibliography of Corporate Finance PDF
Similar finance books
Inequality on this planet is excessive and emerging. the matter of worldwide asymmetric improvement is vital to, and inseparable from, the foreign improvement time table. In asymmetric financial improvement, top economists and improvement specialists study the motives and implications of foreign fiscal divergences.
Suggested studying by means of Warren Buffet in his March 2013 Letter to Shareholders
How hypothesis has come to dominate investment--a hard-hitting glance from the writer of the 1st index fund.
Over the process his sixty-year profession within the mutual fund undefined, leading edge workforce founder John C. Bogle has witnessed a big shift within the tradition of the monetary area. The prudent, value-adding tradition of long term funding has been crowded out by means of an competitive, value-destroying tradition of momentary hypothesis. Mr. Bogle has now not been simply an eye-witness to those adjustments, yet one of many monetary sector's such a lot lively individuals. within the conflict of the Cultures, he urges a go back to the common-sense rules of long term investing.
Provocative and refreshingly candid, this publication discusses Mr. Bogle's perspectives at the altering tradition within the mutual fund undefined, how hypothesis has invaded our nationwide retirement approach, the failure of our institutional funds managers to successfully perform company governance, and the necessity for a federal regular of fiduciary duty.
Mr. Bogle recounts the background of the index mutual fund, how he created it, and the way exchange-traded index money have altered its unique notion of long term making an investment. He additionally offers a first-hand historical past of Wellington Fund, a real-world case learn at the good fortune of funding and the failure of hypothesis. The e-book concludes with ten basic ideas that may aid traders meet their monetary ambitions. right here, he provides a standard experience approach that "may no longer be the simplest technique ever devised. however the variety of concepts which are worse is limitless. "
The conflict of the Cultures: funding vs. hypothesis completes the trilogy of best-selling books, starting with Bogle on making an investment: the 1st 50 Years (2001) and Don't anticipate It! (2011)
Content material: bankruptcy 1 Use of worth? at? possibility (VaR) thoughts for Solvency II, Basel II and III (pages 1–16): Marine Habart? Corlosquet, Jacques Janssen and Raimondo MancaChapter 2 Classical worth? at? possibility (VaR) tools (pages 17–34): Marine Habart? Corlosquet, Jacques Janssen and Raimondo MancaChapter three VaR Extensions from Gaussian Finance to Non?
- Active Portfolio Management: A Quantitative Approach for Producing Superior Returns and Selecting Superior Returns and Controlling Risk (2nd Edition)
- Mind over Money: Overcoming the Money Disorders That Threaten Our Financial Health
- Get Clark Smart
- Philip A. Fisher Collected Works, Foreword by Ken Fisher: Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits, Paths to Wealth through Common Stocks, Conservative Investors Sleep Well, and Developing an Investment Philosophy
- Chronicles of a Million Dollar Trader: My Road, Valleys, and Peaks to Final Trading Victory
- Beat the Crowd: How You Can Out-Invest the Herd by Thinking Differently
Additional resources for Annotated Bibliography of Corporate Finance
Downes, David H. and Hass, Jerome E. 'Closed form stock price models', Journal offinancial and quantitative analysis, Vol. 3, June 1972, pp. 17971808. Reviews models based on a constant growth rate, a two-stage growth rate and on a constant incremental dividend; discusses a model which allows for a decaying growth rate and a nonzero asymptotic growth rate with considerable flexibility of assumptions. 89. Bierman, Harold, Jr. and Hass, Jerome E. 'Capital budgeting under uncertainty: a reformulation', The Journal of finance, Vol.
Joyce, Jon M. and Vogel, Robert C. ' The Journal of finance, Vol. 25, No. I, March 1970, pp. 127-134. Reports a study of II United States firms in the period 1961-1965. Argues that ex-post variance is ambiguous and that there is more than one variance associated with each series of stock prices, with conflicting results. 206. Keane, Simon M. 'The cost of capital and the relevance of non-diversifiable risk', Journal of business finance and accounting, Vol. I, No. I, Spring 1974, pp. 129-144. Argues that, assuming the security market is composed of efficient diversifiers, there is no need, in the evaluation of investment projects, to adjust the time value of money to take account of risk.
178. Hakansson, Nils H. 'Convergence to isoelastic utility and policy in multi-period portfolio choice', Journal of financial economics, Vol. 1, No. 3, September 1974, pp. 201-224. Considers the problem of the investor with numerous opportunities for revising his portfolio and whose choices are governed by a utility function defined on 'terminal' wealth. Hakansson, Nils H. 'On the dividend capitalization model under uncertainty', 884. 179. Hakansson, Nils H. 'Optimal investment and consumption strategies under risk for a class of utility functions', Econometrica, Vol.